Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Big Beautiful Hair Tutorials

Photobucket
(photos via pinterest)

I love big beautiful hair, whether it be in a lush 60s bouffant, a teased updo or with big curls! For a lot of us a full gorgeous locks don't come natural and for those who are blessed with thick hair it might be hard to keep the locks from weighing down and create some controlled chaos ;) So behold my favorite tutorials for big beaut Hair including the 2 tutorials I have been using for creating new voluminous waves myself! 


1) The Daily Desh ~ Hair Volume

I actually start off with a tutorial (and a lovely blog post) that isn't necessarily for me since I have naturally very fine and thin hair. This tutorial is for those with thick hair and want to create some order in the chaos! I do really love the result, it's kind of how I look after going to my hair stylist, who creates this look on my hair simply with some products and a blowdryer but I never managed to get the look right myself! (one day I will haha)

http://www.shopdesh.com/blog/beauty-report-hair-volume/

Photobucket



2) Kevin Murphy ~ Powder Puff

Here is where the Magic starts! I use the Kevin Murphy Powder Puff myself and I seriously love it, can't live without it! When using the powder on my roots (and after scrunching it up) there is volume! Like real volume, magic! Sometimes I do set the created volume with some hairspray and other days I just fluff it up a few times during the day! I discovered that by using the powder on more sections at the roots it created far more volume and with my fine hair I managed to be very close at a beaut big 60s hair at my very first try, wooha! I also use the powder before setting curls!

http://www.kevinmurphy.com.au/

ps. Other powders are the Osis Dust it, Lanza Powder up and Big Sexy Hair Powder Play!

Photobucket

3) This Chicks Got Style ~ Bouncy Curls


For all those that asked me about my hair, It was Yara from thischicksgotstyle who started styling my hair in New York and was patient enough to teach me how to do it myself! I'm so happy she made this tutorial because I can honestly say (working with this myself) that its really good and dummy proof ;) In the end it so happens that I hadn't been paying enough of attention and haven't done my hair how I was supposed to be doing it haha but close enough ;) (I personally make a side section and use the powder puff instead of teasing!) Besides curls (obviously) this tutorial creates big voluminous hair for those like me with fine thin hair! Oh, and did I tell you that the curls really stay in place the whole day? Yes, they do!

http://thischicksgotstyle.blogspot.nl/2012/11/my-easy-soft-bouncy-curl-tutorial.html

Photobucket


4) Nasty Gal ~ Big Messy Waves

I think the easiest way to go for some volume are big "bedhead" messy waves! Personally I'm really hesitant to use spray wax but I am all about crunching my hair by making buns and then fixing them with hairspray! This tutorial might be the easiest to start off with but didn't created the magic effect I was looking for myself.

http://blog.nastygal.com/style-o-rama/lessons-from-the-pros/2012/04/big-messy-waves/#more-12186

Photobucket



5) Modcloth Blog ~ Bouffant Hair

The Bouffant is big on my wish list and this is the tutorial I will use to try it myself, although I haven't thick hair! (I will start off with creating volume ~ and maybe some bedhead waves, with the Powder Puff and curl iron myself!) Basically for Big hair it's all about teasing your hair, maybe using sea salt spray and loads of hairspray but to be honest I always try to avoid these three at all costs myself and opt instead in on the powders, blow dryer and curl iron, oh I do use loads of hairspray actually but I use an equal amount of conditioner afterwards ;)

http://blog.modcloth.com/2012/02/03/in-the-thick-of-it-3-fancy-hairstyles-for-thick-haired-ladies/

plus another beautiful bouffant tutorial:


Photobucket


FOLLOW COCOROSA ON BLOGLOVIN' FACEBOOK AND TWITTER 

No comments:

Post a Comment